Friday, November 27, 2015

Test

Nature and the Environment
Unit 3 Ants, Ants, Everywhere!

G: Hello, Mrs. Wilson. How are you?\n
W: I’m worried, Brianna. Thousands of ants are all over my patio!\n
G: That’s quite a problem. \n
W: What’s worse is that my daughter’s birthday party is in a few days and I wanted to have it on the patio. \n
G: Why don’t you call an exterminator?\n
W: I would, but I don’t want all those hazardous chemicals around my children. It’s harmful and unhealthy. I also don’t want dangerous substances
to seep into the garden. \n
G: I usually don’t have problems with ants, and I don’t use any chemicals. \n
W: What’s your secret?\n
G: Well, ants are difficult to control, so I planted a lot of mint plants near my deck. I also use cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I just sprinkle them around the places I don’t want ants. Some people have tried it and said it worked. Others said that they needed to try something else.\n
W: I think it’s worth a try. I would rather use cinnamon and mint around my patio than some hazardous chemicals. Besides, I don’t mind having the ants in the yard. I simply don’t want them coming to the birthday party. Would you mind helping me?\n
G: It would be a pleasure. I have a lot of cinnamon at home and I can run to the store to get the plants for you. \n
W: Thank you, Brianna. You’re such a thoughtful person.\n

No comments:

Post a Comment